Like many people, I had my doubts about hypnosis when I first learned about it. Was it a stage act? Would it make you lose control or be gullible to the therapist’s suggestions? Did it even work?
Yet when my husband said to me that he wanted to quit smoking, I took it at face value and being supportive said, “Great, Quit!” I had never liked how smoke smelled on him or that it was bad for his health.
Little did I know that my off-hand remark would lead me into a whole new career – or that it would help me with my own self-confidence, clarify my priorities in life and overcome my own fears!
Over the next month he came up with every excuse in the book:
- I’ve smoked for over 20 years and don’t know how to do anything else…
- I love smoking. It makes me feel good…
- What will I do when I’m stressed and I can’t turn to a cigarette?
- It relaxes me…
- I have no vices – this is the only one…
- Having a drink won’t be any fun anymore…
- I’ll loose my smoking buddies
At the time, I was a classic type A and lost patience very quickly (so much for being supportive!) retorting, “Either you’re going to do it, or not!”
As hard as he tried, nothing worked. Then one day he came up with the idea that hypnosis was the answer!
I knew nothing about hypnosis and neither did he. My corporate analytical mind caused me to say disdainfully, “Hypnosis, that’s for the weak minded! Besides you can’t trust some stranger with your mind.”
Frustrated, he suggested that since I was the one having trouble with ‘trusting’, then I should be the one to learn how to do this and then do it for him.
This intrigued me, and as I was always up for a challenge. I was also at the crossroads in my personal life and career at that time. I had lost my father, whom I adored.
My fairy tale life that had included a magical, happy childhood was done. Over the next few awful years, I experienced insecurity, loss, betrayal and financial ruin.
I had become an angry, hard person who did what she had to do to survive and because I was in the hospitality industry at the time, I went to work every day with a gracious smile for the world, even though all I wanted to do was run away to a new life…. Or back to my old one.
Fairly desperate, I decided to give hypnosis a whirl.
From that day everything just miraculously fell into place – from the hypnosis course that was being offered that very weekend to the wonderfully transformative healing journey that I took over the next year and onto the Master Hypnotist Certification from The California Hypnosis Institute of India, along with Reiki & NLP and Strategic Intervention and Life coaching with Tony Robbins.
By the end of day one in my very first hypnosis workshop, I knew I had found what I wanted to do for the rest of my life!
Yes, with hypnosis, my husband did quit smoking after just 5 days. It worked!
Then hypnosis began to work its magic on me:
- I let go of my learned type A personality and reverted to my softer, gentler self. I became more patient, with myself and the people around me.
- I discovered how to listen and to connect more meaningfully with the people in my life.
- I finally dealt with deep issues like the loss of my father, my financial issues, past heartbreaks and betrayals.
- A quiet strength emerged, allowing me to rise to any challenging or stressful situation.
- I remembered how to trust myself again and to trust my choices so I could live with less fear and more confidence.
- I quit people pleasing and stopped trying to say “the right thing” or do what was expected of me instead of what I truly meant or wanted.
I had finally developed true Self-Esteem.
I often see individuals in my practice who are struggling with similar issues. They have fantastic insight into their problems and have amazing potential, but might:
- be unable to make decisions with confidence and ease,
- lack clarity on what they want in a life partner,
- not know how to heal the pain of loss or betrayal,
- struggle to stop smoking,
- wish they could eliminate fear of flying or public speaking,
- want effective tools to identify and fulfill their goals and dreams with confidence.
So ask yourself:
- Do you have a basic idea of what you want in life, but are not sure of how to go about getting it?
- Do you have trouble trusting yourself and your decisions?
- Are you ready to find out what it is that you love to do?
- Do you have fears, doubts or worries that you want to be rid of?
- Are you plagued with negative thoughts?
- Are you addicted to food, alcohol, drugs, or cigarettes and ready to finally quit?
- Are you craving a stress free life?
If you answered “yes” to ANY of these, know that you are not alone.
Often we know what we want or what we would excel at but don’t have the confidence to trust our own instincts. Or we feel that our innermost desires are “silly.” We can feel confused and overwhelmed at taking charge and being responsible for our own decisions.
To compound the problem, in today’s fast-paced world, we often feel forced to choose between our personal desires and professional enhancement. When we experience “failure,” stress, addictions or fears, our self-worth and confidence suffer. This throws us into an unhealthy pattern that affects our relationships and colors all our decisions.
But your dreams CAN be your everyday reality – with the help of hypnosis.
Hypnosis changed my life – and it can change yours.
By the end of working with me for 5-8 sessions, through hypnosis and coaching, you will be able to make decisions with confidence and ease, gain clarity on what you want in a life partner, heal the pain of loss or betrayal, stop smoking, and eliminate your fears.
You will have the tools to identify and fulfill your goals to realize your dreams in all aspects of your life.
And I’d be honored to work with you and keep you on track.
“In my travels all over the world and living among many cultures, if there is one thing I have learned it is, that one needs only look within, to turn your Light Side UP!”– Tricia Batliwalla
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION
- CERTIFIED CONSULTING HYPNOTIST (CH)
- MASTER HYPNOTIST – INTEGRATED CLINICAL HYPNOTHERAPY
- INTEGRATED HYPNOTIC MODALITIES OF BEHAVIOUR
- ADVANCED INTEGRATED HYPNOTIC MODALITIES OF HEALTH RESOLUTIONS
- INTEGRATED SPIRITUAL HYPNOSIS